What do you use for monitoring and how are you liking it?

I have 5 of the now long discontinued JBL SLR 2328 with the 8 inch woofer (plus a separate subwoofer). They are the predecessor of the current 8 inch 3 series. I like them, their weak spot is that after a couple of years due to the use of cheap electronics in the power unit they start buzzing at 50 Hz. I had each of them repaired, probably spent at least at much on that as the original purchase price.

Looking at Kali LP-6, IN-5, and Adam T5V, T7V. Also, because of the little one running around we are considering replacing the B2031A’s in the living room (on stands) with floorstanding speakers. They are sturdy on the stands, but she is getting around and pushing and pulling on everything. I should give those a go again for tracking/mixing. I remember having to correct the response with eq quite a bit, especially in the bass, and I seem to remember some high mid ringing, which I never notice when listening to music in the living room. But two good things about the B2031A’s are no cheapy class D amps and no DSP.

And on the JBL 305P MKII’s, I’m pretty sure that I’m noticing some rattle from one of the backplates that coincides with with their low mid resonance. I haven’t had free time to isolate exactly where the rattle is coming from, i.e, something in the room or the speaker, but I’m fairly positive that it is the speaker.

Seems hardly any time since she was a newborn keeping you awake at night.

Time flies when you’re having fun I guess :grinning: Glad to hear she’s progressing well.

1 Like

It definitely is the speaker backplate rattling. Seems like I remember reading other complaints of the same thing with these speakers. So I guess that was short-lived, and I’m looking to upgrade in one way or another. I still have a measurement mic around here somewhere. I should probably just give those Behringer’s another whirl, correcting them best as I can. They are only about an inch deeper than the JBL’s, so they should be ok on the desk.

You’re telling me. :grinning: She is anywhere and everywhere and in everything, like an erratic tornado with chubby cheeks. It was just a minute ago that she was living on her back.

1 Like