Why do mobile games suck??

Whatever is fun for you. But man, the burn and reveal of working them out is lots of fun too.

Interesting using NOT there

I look at it as a number line
The 1st number is your location,
the 2nd is the movement

( - 4 moves left 4 )
(+ 4 moves right 4)

( - -4 == plus 4, so moves right 4 )
( + -4 == minus 4, so moves left 4 )

An even amount of signs == adding,
an odd number of signs == subtracting
*remembering that numbers without signs are actually positive

Subtracting a Negative is the same as Adding,
Subtracting a Positive is the same as Adding a Negative

Adding a Positive is the same as Adding
Adding a Negative is the same as Subtracting a Positive

That is an interesting way to think about it in the video. Kind of a 1 dimensional vector approach.

I agree Brain, I only go to the cheat sheet after a few hours of trying to work it out for myself, and then I just look for hints, I don’t copy and paste the whole thing.

Also, I don’t play games to frustrate myself, that’s the wife’s job. :grinning:

Remember that there is in game hints too.

Those are the rules that we were told to memorize in school and got on with. But one day (many years later) my niece was having trouble learning negative numbers, and I tried to work out a logical explanation that wasn’t just memorizing rules. Surprising to me, I had trouble working it out in a logical way. That lead to thinking about what it actually means to subtract a negative number (and thinking too deep about the other arithmetic operations). I didn’t work out anything useful on a number line like in that video (pretty genius…wish I knew where the idea came from). So I looked up where the world negative came from, which lead to negation, where the meaning is essentially a logical NOT operation. That made sense to me in a logical way, and I liked it. But my niece didn’t like it and ended up memorizing the rules like everyone else. :smiley:

Toleolu, how’s the game?

Need for Speed is awesome … been playing that ever since the first version came out for PC back in 1995 (?). Gran Turismo is my alltime favorite racing game though, have had it ever since the PS1 was launched in the mid 90s. Total gamechanger in terms of realism. Just bought a PS5, still have to hook it up.

Still plugging along.

Human Resources Machine finally kicked my ass.

Downloaded World of Warships on my PC. I played that in the past on my iPad, wasn’t aware they had a PC version of it.

So now I’m cruising around blowing shit up. Life is good. :grinning:

It’s pretty tough for non-programmers. :smiley: Hopefully you had some fun with it though.

Does the PC version have half blue and half pink ships? Oh wait, can’t forget about the other sexes these days, e.g. non-binary.

If you’re referring to the symbols across the top of the screen for the types of ship that are involved in the battle, I did notice one time one of them was pink. Is that what that’s about??

I still struggle with the notion of a politically correct war. :grinning:

And yes, Human Resource Machine was fun, but like you said, not being a programmer, it became a bit frustrating. But thanks for the heads up on it. The few times I figured things out were rather satisfying.

I was just playing on ‘PC’, i.e. politically correct.

Ahh, you got me.

I looked in the settings and the pink ship symbols were “violators”.