C++ motivational thread

Unfortunately they missed the start of the ARM rPi (etc) tidal wave with the ongoing ARM port, that could have been a biggie… that could have been a new default OS habit formed for some users considering how lightweight Haiku is.

But then again those users might have wanted a better browser too. The browser thing is a tricky catch up since the big ones are so advanced.

Well, I’ve hosed 3 installs of Haiku so far. Think it might be Gnome Boxes to be fair.

Never used Gnome Boxes. Just running it in VirtualBox here seems fine. But I have had a couple of crashes so far. My previous vm install was the 32-bit version, and I don’t remember any crashing. Running the 64-bit this time around.

I haven’t touched programming in over a week. Going to have to get back on it quick before it fizzles out again.

I’m giving it another bash with kvm and virt-manager. That’s two beta3s and one nightly that borked with Boxes. I’m on nightly in virt now too… couldn’t compile YouCompleteMe because of the old gcc that comes with the beta Haiku (doesn’t have std::filesystem) so it should work now unless it cripples itself again in the run up. Dunno why they don’t provide a better compiler in the beta version.

You’ll be alright with the break, our subconscious minds do a lot of librarian work during breaks!