How old and large is the universe?

You know my position on Covid-19. Its bullshit.
Money isn’t real. They just press buttons on a computer to bring it into existence. Money is there to enslave you by those whoo magically create it. 1 billion. 10 billion 100 billion doesn’t matter.

I love Astronomy. The Webb gives us the chance to see God’s infinite nature.

My apologies Bob, looks like I grossly misinterpreted your reply.

It’s crazy how the tiniest, darkest patch of the sky can have these enormous telescopes pointed at them and still the images are filled with galaxies. I used to get a kind of physical vertigo feeling when zooming out and trying to think of the size of the universe. It really is fantastically massive.

Above: from the Earth at La Silla Observatory (ESO)
Middle: from space with the Hubble Space Telescope
Bottom: further away from space, with the new JWST

The Horse Head Nebula in Orion!🔭

6.5 hours of total exposure time

5 minutes(!) editing time in Gimp.

I think the questions will change. Hopefully to some new questions that have not been floating and bloating for billions of years.

Asking what astronomy is learning from the first few weeks of the Webb thing is like asking what is the state of a baseball half way to home plate.

Not from JWST,
rather from NASA’s Solar Dynamics Observatory
that monitors the sun

True dat.

Amazing.

To clarify, even though it’s cool immediately to play with a new tool, science is a long, slow process that is not limited to one data source.

It also needs to be pointed out that the way a telescope’s data is translated into color images is not a telescopic process. Not a scientific process. It’s graphics.

Aren’t they trying to mimic what the eye would perceive?

Good point, it’s likely, if honest, that [light] frequencies are properly represented.

There’s conversions of electro magnetic emissions from this solar system’s planets and the sun into sound, which is also to do with human perception of frequencies.