I want to try something

Can someone try this link?
Gitter

I want to see if you’re required to sign up or not

I went there, it says ‘Sign in to start talking’

How do you quote a post Garrick? I can’t find it

Also an IRC for the Lounge is an awesome idea

Whoops, I replied too quickly, the auto-bot flagged me

ahh right so you have to sign in

Testing quotes.

Test1.

edit: failure

edit2: test edit

edit3: on edit1 and edit2 the edit counter read “2”, let’s see what happens.

edit4: maybe there’s an amount of time that needs to pass.

Testing quote using just the Quote button after highlighting text, no click on any reply button previously.

edit: failure

Reply button in post, then highlight + quote button.

Is it literally just the post above?

?

Full quote of post above, previous was partial.

edit: failure

?

Full quote of post directly above does not work. Partial quote works. Maybe most of you knew this, but I had fun so it was all worth it in the end.

Lol well done, the case is solved. I’m guessing you work in software development. :stuck_out_tongue: :grinning:

I just swiped your full post, hit quote, and am posting now. Am I missing the problem?

@fred_g : no, but I like to dabble. :slight_smile:

@brainio : it’s purely about quoting the last post, the one directly above the one you are about to make. Discourse must feel that a quote isn’t necessary if you are quoting the full thing for the next post so only partial quotes aren’t auto-edited out.

@Snookoda You mean if you are quoting a post that already contains a quote (call it , original quote), the original quote gets lost?

As a workaround for any shortcomings, the good old quote tags work here.

[QUOTE=Some_name]Some text to be quoted[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Some_other_name]Some other text to be quoted[/QUOTE]

Which renders as:

I think it’s the whole thing.

Testing quoting the above.

edit: quotes in the previous post don’t matter, nothing is quoted if the full post is quoted.

I’m confused because I’m quoting your whole post here.

…

Now it just happened to me, where this is the first time I’m seeing it happen. Strange. Try again in the next comment to see what happens…