It's Deja Vu All Over Again.

Updated the original title, figured this one is more accurate.

60 years ago, I lived in Taiwan, my father was in the US Air Force.

We lived inside a walled compound with 2 houses and a bomb shelter in the middle of the compound. There were shards of glass embedded in cement along the top of the wall. We could only move around via military jeep and at night a “security guard” would enter the compound and sit on the roof of one of the houses all night in case anyone tried to get over the wall.

At least now my current compound is a lot nicer.

1 Like

Great story. Tell me more.

I don’t remember a whole lot, I think I was around 5 or so at the time.

One thing I do recall was how the Chinese would stare at my sisters blonde hair.

We were there for about a year, then we moved to Maine where my father was stationed at one of the advanced warning radar sites there. The Cuban Missile Crisis happened while we were there. I remember vividly my father coming home with this huge walkie talkie, and sitting at the kitchen table all night smoking cigarettes with this worried look on his face. We didn’t have tv back then so I wasn’t sure what was going on, just remember how scared my father looked at times.

But hey, in the same way we got through all of that, we’ll get through all of this.

Can we, just for this short period time, embrace the concept of the brotherhood of man and take responsibility for caring for those around us instead of sitting around bitching because someone else isn’t?

1 Like

Great stories Charles.
And right on point, take care of yourself and your loved ones, and stop bitching about other people. Nothing you can do about it anyways.