So, will [s]Novax[/s] Novak Djokovic get his 10x winner statue as promised?

I’d rhed the relevant Tennis Association’s statutes, it specifically stated that any ten time winner of the same Grand Slam tournament gets a statue erected at the main stadium [centre court] of that event. It rhed as a mandate, not as an option.

Try finding that now, I’ve got it saved somewhere…

but no mention of it anywhere in the tv commentary that I was witness to, which included the entirety of the pre match, match, and post match formalities. It’s almost as if they’re gonna put the statue elsewhere, if at all, and make it hard to tell who it is, but probably the likes of @drumphil will inform you that the name is on the little brass plaque at the foot of the statue, see? there it is!

I’ve never heard of that, but I have no problem with him getting a statue. He’s a great player.

Would probably take a while though. I doubt they make statues in advance in case someone gets their 10th win.

Where is this rule?

They should be very grateful to him for still playing in their tournament.

Scrubbed probably, saw it sure enough, now can’t find any policy about it whatsoever.

You could try the Wayback Machine or archive.is n stuff to see if older snapshots are still available.

Eh? I’m not the one making claims here, apart from whether or not I’d ever heard of that.

I haven’t.

I wasn’t replying to you. You can tell because the forum software only doesn’t show a replying to icon in the post if somebody is replying to the thread or replying to the poster directly above. I am replying to your post directly above this one here.

This is me replying to you when you are not the post directly above. Note the icon in the top right of the post.

This is me replying to the thread. I hope that cleared something up.

Lol, I can’t see an icon above that post.

There are three reply states a new post can have:

1. Reply to thread: no icon
  2. Reply to last message in thread: no icon
  3. Reply to other message, not last: icon

There are three reply states a new post can have:

1. Reply to thread: no icon
  2. Reply to last message in thread: no icon
  3. Reply to other message, not last: icon

(I replied to your same post twice to demonstrate (again))

So the icon appearance doesn’t always tell you who was being replied to.

The appearance of an icon always tells you who is being replied to or it wouldn’t appear.

Good on her. Also I wonder how many countries countries The International Community™ have attacked or have been annexing parts of since late Feb 22? It’s more than one for sure.

Novak now allowed to play the US Open after Biden changes the law

Sucked in pro-vaxxers

Novak Djokovic at US Open: Vaccine change boost for world No.1 (msn.com)

It sometimes doesn’t appear for me either if I don’t quote even though I replied directly, the last post I did for example.

Well, lemme test that going forward but I’d often wondered why sometimes the icon showed and other times not, despite pressing the direct reply icon.