SVB, other big banks, and smaller regional banks crashing

What do you make of it?

SVB went down because the bond market went in the wrong direction. Banks should be utilities and utilities should not be profit machines that need to bet big to survive shareholder meetings.

SVB rated as one of America’s best banks by Forbes.

https://twitter.com/PhilHoganCPA/status/1634268152476454940/photo/1

I received a letter from my bank the other week. Just to remind me that deposits up to a certain amount are protected under banking regs. Interesting timing.

There’s more to come.

I just read where the investor who predicted the Lehman Bros. collapse in 2008 is saying that Credit Suisse will be the next bank to fail.

Time will tell.

I don’t doubt that there has been going around in the financial world before the crash. I read tonight that people at SVB were selling off stocks in SVB weeks ahead.

Fake removed

Yep I’ve heard that as well

I like this guy.

All due respect, but still, same story different day.

Meanwhile

Yeah, I have no doubt that a lot of people are going to have another huge shit burger shoved down their throats.

I guess the only question is how big it will be.

Interest rates being raised because of inflation caused by:

• global government reaction to a virus
  • global government sanctions in reaction to a war “we” (allegedly) didn’t start for once
    – an imaginary ‘blockage’ of a certain country’s ports
  • Nord Stream getting blown up by a part of a global government apparatus
  • avian flu scares causing mass culling of birds
  • lots of explosions and fires at silos, food production facilities and farms
  • similar, but for fertilizers
  • etc, etc

Which of those were caused by excess demand through cheap credit?

Now credit is being taken for “getting inflation under control”, with more rate rises coming up. Interest rates should never have been so low in the first place, but it was the last banking splurge gone wrong to blame there. Inflation will go down all by itself if globalists would stop lobbing hand grenades around.

All this is doing is creating more chaos with so many businesses still struggling after the effects of government lockdowns and other restrictions. It can’t be accidental ffs.

Russia is so cut off from the international financial system that the Kremlin thinks Western sanctions have ‘insured’ the country against the banking crisis
https://www.businessinsider.com/svb-bank-crisis-russia-western-sanctions-insures-fallout-us-ukraine-2023-3

Here’s Who’s Responsible For Silicon Valley’s Bank Collapse
The Jimmy Dore Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr-UxiaGbz8

I can’t imagine that the watering down of the post GFC rules for stress tests on banks helped.

President Barack Obama signed the Dodd-Frank law in July 2010. At the signing ceremony near the White House, he effusively thanked Mr. Frank and his co-sponsor, Senator Christopher Dodd, for having worked “day and night to bring about this reform.”

The law was a direct response to the brutal crisis that had just ended. But it was also a repudiation of the laissez-faire regulatory approach that had become ascendant in the United States and other countries over the preceding decades. Bank executives and lobbyists had persuaded policymakers that years of fat profits were proof that they knew how to manage their companies safely.

With that argument debunked, Dodd-Frank imposed a variety of measures to hem in the banking industry. There was a ban on certain types of risky trading. There were tougher requirements to guarantee that banks had the capacity to absorb unexpected losses and to withstand sudden depositor exoduses. And there were regular health checks to ensure that banks could withstand worst-case economic scenarios.

From the moment the law went into effect, the banking industry sought to rescind or at least relax it. Its argument was that onerous regulations constrained the industry’s ability to lend money to creditworthy customers.

The argument fell on deaf ears with Mr. Obama in the White House. Mr. Trump was more receptive. Barely a week after taking office, he called Dodd-Frank “a disaster” and told reporters that “we’re going to be doing a big number on” the law.

His top officials, many of whom had worked in or adjacent to the banking industry, began loosening the reins. Sometimes that meant tweaking rules; other times it meant simply being nicer to regulated banks.

On-the-ground examiners were urged to be less confrontational and to provide banks with positive feedback, not just criticisms. Mr. Trump’s comptroller of the currency, one of the top federal financial regulators, described banks as his agency’s “customers.”

“Changing the tenor of supervision will probably actually be the biggest part of what it is that I do,” Randal K. Quarles, who was in charge of bank regulation at the Federal Reserve, said in 2017.

That year, Republican lawmakers crafted bills to relax Dodd-Frank. One focus was the provision that subjected any bank with more than $50 billion in assets to undergo stress tests, to maintain greater financial reserves and to come up with plans for how the bank could be shut down in a crisis.

The legislation followed years of pressure from bank executives and lobbyists, including Greg Becker, who until Friday ran Silicon Valley Bank.

“Without such changes, S.V.B. likely will need to divert significant resources from providing financing to job-creating companies in the innovation economy,” Mr. Becker warned lawmakers in 2015.

Harris Simmons, the chief executive of Zions Bancorporation in Utah, was another trying to get out from under what he viewed as onerous federal supervision. He said that regional banks like his posed little, if any, threat to financial stability and that tough regulations were crimping their ability to serve customers.

“If regulations on regional banks were eased, those banks would have additional capital — as much as $4 billion each year — to lend,” Mr. Simmons wrote in American Banker magazine in 2017. To bolster his case, he cited Mr. Frank’s support of raising the $50 billion threshold.

SVB, Signature Bank and Silvergate Were PURPOSEFULLY Collapsed In Order To CRUSH Crypto
Kim Iversen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfUJnKFacNU

Crypto doing great at the moment

Maybe trying to destroy it will have the opposite effect.