Tip Big!!

Just a suggestion for some voluntary wealth distribution, but when you are able to go out and about, throw in a little extra money in tips or what not for the workers and the business owners.

A couple of weeks ago, I had a plumber come by to replace a cutoff valve on one of the toilets. Young guy came out, replaced the valve, I paid him with a credit card for the job and gave him a hundred dollars cash.

My wife stopped by on of our favorite restaurants the other day for pickup and dropped a hundred bucks cash for the few employees still working there.

I stopped by our favorite calzone place the other day and picked up a calzone. They didnā€™t have a way to to leave a tip on the POS system they used, I didnā€™t have any cash on my so I had them ring up an order for 5 more calzones but not make them.

Also, as much as you can, do business with the small locally owned businesses in your area. You might have a pay a few dollars more than the big box stores and online, but the money you spend at locally owned businesses stays in your community.

Just little things to extend a hand when you can to help those around us.

If I may quote President Kennedy here:

ā€œAsk not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your countryā€.

1 Like

Wow. Hear hear! Good on ya. Been doing similar to the lesser extent that I can.

iā€™m not knocking generosity, but maybe even better to give money to those that canā€™t actually earn at the moment rather than giving extra to those that can

Youā€™re a good man Charles. I always tip pretty generously (unless the service is really lousy and then I probably wonā€™t come back). One of the things I do when I get my groceries is donate to ā€˜feed poor familiesā€™ or whatever itā€™s called, it is an option when you check you on your pinpad. And I used to donate to things like cancer foundation etc. all the time. For me itā€™s a small out of pocket amount of money but all the little things add up. And I tried to be extra kind to the people still working at the grocery store.

I agree.

I guess Iā€™m supposed to get one of those stimulus checks theyā€™re talking about. If I do, Iā€™ll be giving it to our local food bank. Iā€™m by no means rich, but there are people here who need that money more than I do.

nice work.

iā€™ve been reading a lot about those recently, it took me a while to realise what it was about - Americans and their crazy phonetic spelling, it just looks so wrong to me :grinning: