Tomorrow will be today tomorrow

I dunno, accounting is still the language of all the rules that lies underneath the number crunching bit at the end. They are already under sustained attack from automation and accessible apps too.

Probably not a direct victim of ChatGPT though.

That’s true.

Accounting was one of the first applications used in business.

Buy a big old machine that required tearing out walls so you could get it in to the building so you could get rid a lot of those clerks sitting at their desks hammering away on their adding machines.

I made some pretty good money selling accounting systems to manufacturers and wholesale distributors back in the 80’s and early 90’s.

Interesting, it’s amazing the amount of human time has been eliminated over the years. From rooms filled with human calculators getting replaced by increasingly smaller computers all the way to an app on some cheapo device that does everything.

Modern broadacre farming has many examples of automation, e.g irrigation systems, cultivation [ploughing etc.] Feedlots have had computers analysing and mixing feed components/amounts since the early/mid 70’s

Even a modern combine harvester operator whilst drunk would find it near impossible to accidentally stick the front end aka the comb, into the dirt, there’s similar systems on the harvester to those auto parking systems on modern vehicles.

It was never a real common occurence and never happened to me, but could cause severe damage, rendering operation impossible and needing major time out for major expensive repairs.

Is she stoned or drunk? I’m sure she’s on something.

Biden/Harris do expose the US system for what it is. They are not in charge. Think of all of the impressive people you’ve met in your life and then look at them. Biden was sharp when he was younger but he’s a shadow of his former self.

Gabbard would have made a fantastic president, she came across like a president from the future. So calm and authoritative but her pesky anti-war views got in the way. Imagine meeting people and extending olive branches, the monster!