You know you're getting old when...

I went to Wal Mart yesterday and they were playing Def Lepperd.

I went to Wal Mart the other day and they were playing Joy Division. :hushed:

The singularity will have happened when there’s Hardcore Techno Nights in old folk’s homes.

1 Like

I do a rock cover version of a song I liked in my teens, Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling by the Fortunes; when I looked up their Wiki page found that the entire original lineup except drummer are long gone.

Members

Original members

• Rod Allen (born Rodney Bainbridge, 31 March 1944, Leicester – 10 January 2008, Eastern Green, Coventry)[5] – lead vocals, bass (1963–2008)
  • Barry Pritchard (born Barry Arthur Pritchard, 3 April 1944, Birmingham – 11 January 1999, Swindon, Wiltshire)[2] – lead guitar, vocals (1963–1995)
  • Andy Brown (born Andrew Brown, 7 January 1946, Birmingham) – drums (1963–1977)
  • Glen Dale (born Richard Garforth, 1939, Deal, Kent – 13 January 2019, Chesterfield, Derbyshire) – rhythm guitar (1963–1966)

You turn 60.i don’t feel it in the least though apart from reading.

My drummer was a big Stewart Copeland fan and lined up a Police song for one of his students,

who promptly said “Who’s the Police?”

None of his students knew who they were apparently

This was in the 90s so we were already old then

Applebee’s commercial playing Van Halen.

Who’s the oldest here? I’m 60.i can’t believe I’m 60 it’s weird. I feel like I’m still 30 or 40.Im still working as physically hard as when I was younger. In construction. My workmate is 74. I kid you not. He’s a Bricklayer. His pension is shit but he likes work. Hell die with a trowel in the hand.

1 Like

I’m 68.

… when you are watching youtube videos about Hoover upholstery cleaning units and you get all excited and think “hm that would be very nice to clean the carpets in my car”.