Any Linux users here?

It’s their supposedly bulletproof series, the X1 Yoga/Carbon/Extreme. They come with Thunderbolt ports so good for audio interfaces that can use that.

https://www.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-x/c/ThinkPadX

Ahh right, no I have the low spec Lenovo 300e

I liked PopOS and the standard Ubuntu but I think MX something worth looking into
Although I am immediately troubleshooting Bluetooth.
Feeling nostalgia

Anyone remember when the whole systemd controversy started? That was an interesting time. I still don’t know what to make of all of it, other than Poettering being a cunt. :grinning:

Damn Garrick, MX is stting at #1 on distrowatch. And Manjaro is sitting at #2 (good call on that one).

Yeah it’s been there for about half a year plus.
I think there was a guy on the reaper linux forum that was raving about it

It seems like I remember when MX started, but maybe under a different name? I remember some distro forking from Debian due to disagreement over systemd.

This guy asks, “Why is MX Linux so popular?”

Because they booted out systemd, ya cunt. That’s why.

I do remember something about this and also not understanding the complexity of systemd.
So I guess linux users are voting with their feet.

Lenovo is a top brand for Linux compat as well, I had intermittent audio issues on with Ubuntu 18.04 on mine, plus the touchpad gestures aren’t well supported. And the battery life suffers compared to W10 (a well known Linux driver-related issue). I wish it would unify into two or three distros so all that time and energy spent noodling with different, at times very big, projects could be spent fixing stuff.

That’s the thing with the Linux world. Most Linux users don’t want that. I suppose I’m torn. I want shit that just works without having to jump through lots of hoops, but at the same time I don’t want to be locked into bad things by a single central entity ala Microsoft. Given the choices, I think I prefer the hoops.

Ok MX Linux has made a pretty good experience. Has flatpak built in. Installed krita and rolled out a poor mans Bob Ross.

penguin

38fd04bbe4924629d78b08b609340366f4714b38

Alright, I admit I don’t get it. What’s the story?

Ha ha. Nice.

None of us get it Jorgen :slight_smile:

The man in the canoe was something Visco probably posted to say linux users are fighting their battles in a void with no one listening.

Alas the penguin is always there in the canoe with you. You are not alone.

Or something like that.

It’s my favourite post from the old lounge. Sums it up on multiple levels. :penguin:

Where in the hell is visco anyway? Must be playing with his dolls. :grinning:

He showed up briefly in the Lounge thread at Reaperville, and then split.

He likes to go walkabout, so hopefully he’ll turn up.

No idea what’s keeping Xite :thinking: or Morgan

China is throwing billions into their own Linux distribution named UOS, because they want open technology, and is not trusting proprietary Western Operating systems and even Western CPU’s and ISA. Its also creating third party software for it. I suspect all these improvements will trickle down and when China switch in 2022 the Linux userbase will see a big jump.

Link to an article on UOS
Link to Wikipedia UOS