What are you recording right now

Wow M dog, ye knocked this one out of the park!

The first four verses are single track vocal, no overdubs but routed to a delay track and a reverb track , sounds like double tracking, I had to check the project file just now to verity.

The main RG is single tracked then panned to left and right using the Wider vst. Kind of an unusual way to mix an RG track.

Thanks G, this track arose out of the working up parts for another track [System Override] so it’s kind of a bonus track for my trouble haha

Well, you could say it’s a trademark, since you often mix your vocals like that. Still, I wouldn’t mind hearing you on your own, without those stereo/widening effects.

Any observations very welcome, this is a [gtr] freetime recorded track [no click] which is as yous muso guys know, quite problematical when you then need to fit [computer] drums n bass + keyboards to that ‘feelz’ gtr track, say no more, I [hopefully] await feedback on issues that I’m a bit dulled to now that I’m a bit over familiar with the track, cheers Note: RG cuts out intermittently bc of Valhalla demo plugin

Edit: there’s timing issues and the hi hat track to fix, at the least

Note also it ain’t mastered to volume yet either

Dude, I forgot to ask.
How goes the plague?

Seems to have disappeared from the news as it dwindles out here in NSW
Our PM Scomo has it now though
That made the news

I’m just winding down my old job, transitioning into the knew one, i.e., working two jobs at the moment. It has been eery as hell at the hospital, no talk or notices about it, everything just suddenly dropped off. The last couple of years have been nuts there at times, and now so suddenly the covid wings are sitting empty. And a coworker told me the other day as I was coming back in from a couple of days off that half of the patients in the hospital were released. Things went from nuts to this in about a week’s time.

Me? Missus and me had the coof, I felt a bit off for a couple of days, she already had some sinus issues when she got it and had a nagging cough and cold-like symptoms for about a week but nothing severe.

Both of us avoided the jab like the plague.

Cheers

Ukraine cured the plague!! We need to take that land and turn the soil into a vaccine!! :slight_smile:

It seems that way. Government, media, and tech all moving the focus in tandem.

Comprehensive remake of a track posted a while back.
Still some issues e.g there’s some overs [clipping] yet the loudness is only about -15 LUFS [-14 is the recommended Soundcloud level, 12 on some platforms]

I tend to build tracks somewhat chaotically with an aim to systematise i.e eventually form templates but a couple of crash and burns meant recreating sounds with different vsti’s etc.

Fwiw the 17-20 track album that this is from is majorly reworked and almost done.

Just trying Audio Mack and having crack at this tune

Plan is to have a slightly longer intro with just acoustic guitar, knock off a few bars before the bridge, make it more of a surprise, make the bridge just piano. Make a longer outro where I wank off lead guitar. And think of some deep lyrics

Sounds very Garrick. Look forward to hearing a song from it.

It’s been a minute, but I was in the habit of laying down rhythms (drums, bass, guitar) for improvising over while I drive to help with ideas for songs. It was fun anyway.

It’s been a minute here as well. Feels good to dust off the cobwebs

I could do with some dusting myself. And I never tried anything more than some cursory acoustic drum recording. I imagine that it won’t fare too well in my crammed jam room, but I’ll have to give it a go at some point.

I would love to have an acoustic drum set. The midi drums feels like I’m pretending to drum :wink:

But paper thin walls be not me ally.

Sounds good, and in fine tune which is important. I listened all the way through bc even though just rhythm section and guitar it sounds good

Lead guitar wanking in the outro is a time honoured tradition and if done well is a manifestion of the sacred.

In fact the outro solo imo should be a definite feature of the track and not to be done by halves, even to the point of total fadeout where there’s still something going on worthy of attention. Maybe it’s bc I’m in the outro phase of life :smile:

1 Like

Luxury! I recently got my Aerodrums back in action which are good fun, but as far away from a real kit that exists as is possible!

1 Like

Beautiful :rofl:

Yes sir, I will prepare my self spiritually for the outro… not touch a woman for 7 days and burn incense on my Hendrix shrine… this is the way.

Definitely saving that for after the lyrics and and most of the parts set in concrete. It will be sort of a victory lap for actually finishing a tune. Problem is I’m pretty shabby on lead guitar so will undo all my hardwork.