What are you recording right now

Good idea about a guitar lead melody. I will look into it.

Taking some vst:s on a test drive.

Jeez louise I’m out of practice with my vocals. Don’t sound manly enough :slight_smile:

edit:

maybe better?

edit again:

ok getting there

First one was okay, second one markedly better imo.

I’m hearing at that tempo the opportunity for a pedal steel, it would really complement some of the tracks you’ve posted. Did you catch the demo of Tod’s pedal steel vst on the Reaper forum? It’s amazing, and I don’t use the term lightly. It’s a Kontakt [full] inst. I think, and definitely on my bucket list.

@Jorgen
You’re very handy with the synths vsti’s. In my next cycle of songs I’d be interested to collab including some of that. I’m writing in diverse styles atm so there might be something crop up that you’d like to be involved with.

No I haven’t heard Tod’s thing but cool tip.

Check it out, seamless sounding, no switching artifacts that are audible to me at least.

That demo is pretty much CW which is quite a ways from what you do but that inst. would suit many slowish tempo ballads in your Bob Dylan, Neil Youngish style imo

I dunno for sure but it’s probably way easier to program those articulations such as bend, slide etc. than it might seem.

Probably like that “Standard Bass” free bass gtr vst that uses sforzando, which has a bank of eight or so keys in the lower octave; whichever of those notes is entered in the MIDI file last determines what the notes/chords are doing, e.g slide up from below, slide down from above, sustain etc.

Definitely like your thinking Morgan
I’ll give it a whirl

A much reworked track from a couple of years back, it’s a bit quiet at around -19 but this is a preview, I’ll fix the levels later.

Any time, glad you asked.

Best pedal steel I’ve ever heard. I believe it’s Jerry Garcia.

Awesome track

Gettin a bit of a Pink Floyd vibe on the third version.

I love it!!!

1 Like

Whenever I hear lap steel, I think of Lunatic Fringe.

That solo in the middle has always been one of my favorites.

Here’s some guitar work I did with BarryMK from the Reaper forum.

We’re working on a harder rock project now. I’ll post that when we’re done.

Nice. Solid pop in the good old style, well done. Barry has a good voice, and the guitar solo fits very well.

Thanks Jorgen, I really appreciate the comment. This is the first time I ever did anything like this. The first time any of my guitar playing was posted on the internet for public consumption.

Barry does have an awesome voice. In some of his stuff, I get a real Eric Clapton vibe on his vocals. Interesting talking to him because he knows a lot of those British Invasion guys from the 60’s and 70’s.

A song about survival over the ages in harsh conditions.
Haven’t really experienced it personally but I have been up the arse of a grain harvester at about 150°F unclogging the straw walkers, it’s no place to pass out…

Horae - Greek goddess of the seasons

SCYTHE OF THE WINTER
Scythe of the winter, never very far away
All obey yea ay
Fear of the keeper
Lest he send us on our way
All obey yea ay

Who’ll not obey her law
Who’ll not beg, ooh oh oh ooh
Who’ll not obey her law
Who’ll not beg, ooh oh oh ooh

Cold breath of Horae